Thursday, September 24, 2009

Not very good at this blog thing.

Ok so I started this blog as I felt I wasn't able to really talk about my research and my travels very well using the limited formats of Facebook and Twitter. Don't get me wrong, I love trying to think of clever things to say in 140 characters or less but I love even more the idea of integrating text with video or photos. The problem is me. I could give you a number of excuses but ultimately it comes down to me choosing to do other things. I do want to have a blog though but feel like I'm not doing it justice unless I post regularly. So here's the plan: regular weekly posts. I'm thinking Thursdays as I usually don't have anything going on. I'm already starting to sketch out the next few posts as I figure if I can stay a week ahead then it will be easier to make a routine out of it. If you could do me the favour of counting this as my first official Thursday post I'd really appreciate it ; )

2 comments:

  1. All right. I'll count on that, then.

    Perhaps less commitment to getting five stars on every song in Beatles Rock Band the first day you have it would be a good start, hmmmm??

    Here's to regularity! And fibre!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always hard to post regularly (I don't!) and I think it takes a surprising amount of time to write a good post.

    Also, I don't think post volume is that important when you're just writing about your own work. I think the most important thing is to write quality posts when you do write. The benchmark I have recently started to work from is would I be happy for peers and potential employers to read this post? (I recently deleted a lot of my older posts because they didn't meet this standard!)

    Anyway, I have enjoyed your writing thus far and look forward to seeing more! You should definitely write more about your research :)

    ReplyDelete